- I just stepped out of the shower when the Holy Spirit rose up within me. I said softly, "Jesus you're something else." Jesus appeared in my spirit; he cocked his head to one side and with a grin said, "Yeah, I am aren't I." With that we both broke out laughing.
- It was a typical scorching summer day - Texas in July with temperatures around 101. I had been going through a tough time and was mowing a field in front of a store. The store had tied some balloons onto a post on their storefront. They broke loose and rose up about the height of a street light. The wind carried them across the field then they circled back right where they started. This happened three times, then the Lord spoke. "These are the things that you are struggling with; the things that you have not yielded to me; they will keep coming back until you deal a death blow to them."
- During this same tough time in my life I was driving during my lunch break. Things were unusually difficult - I listened to Christian radio while driving, but it didn't help much. I arrived at the job site turned up the music a bit and said, "Jesus, dance with me." He said, "No". I was instantly shocked since that was not the answer I was expecting. Just as quickly he said, "You dance with me."
- Often the Holy Spirit rises or swells up within me to direct me to pray, listen, or declare something. This time I was lying on my bed on my back as the Holy Spirit rose up within me. As I began to worship and pray and declare things - the presence of the Holy Spirit became more and more intense. I began to feel him filling me more and more. This was not unusual for me, but this time he just kept going and going and going - he wouldn't stop! I was being filled so full I thought I was going to explode and then I reached a point where it actually became painful. I looked at my stomach it had swollen to the size of a watermelon rising up before my eyes. Then after sometime he stopped. I knew that he had implanted something in me that someday would be birthed (become reality) in and through my life. (P.S. Years later a friend of mine shared in a group that he had this exact same experience, but I had never told him about my experience.)
- One day as I started painting the inside of a rental property all by myself I said, "Lord today I am not going to listen to the radio or think about anything. Instead I am going to turn my full attention to you and you only and just listen to you." And so I began. Rolling paint on the wall, listening, not even thinking... thirty minutes, an hour, then another hour of pure silence. About 11 AM I said, "Lord, I have been listening to you for three hours now and I haven't heard a thing." He spoke saying, "You know why you haven't heard anything?" I thought to myself "I should write this down, he's about to tell me some great secret about listening and hearing him." Then he said, "Because I haven't said anything." I laughed, he grinned knowingly. (He will be your best friend if you let him.)
- It was a Sunday morning and I was driving from south Fort Worth to Eagle Mountain Lake to go to a church there. I had been struggling with a few things so I was talking with God on the way there. I kept asking him, "Am I your son?" over and over again. Suddenly, as I was going 60 MPH on the freeway a dove came and simply glided on the wind about six inches over the front of the hood just above the hood ornament. Amazingly he stayed there about 5-10 minutes. I arrived at the church went in and began worshipping the Lord. The pastor began to speak - he is known to be very prophetic. About half way through his message he stopped. He said, "I have a message for someone from the Lord. The Lord says, 'You are my son, you are my son.' That's for someone here." Then he went on and finished his message.
- I had finished painting two houses on a cul-de-sac and another homeowner had hired me to paint his house. I was talking with him and he said, "I saw you working and getting all these jobs around here, so I said, 'Lord why is this man getting all these jobs.?' The Lord told me, 'Because he is mine.'" I was really blessed hearing that God had spoken to someone about me.